Add Value to Your Western Wisconsin Home with These 5 Tips from R. Tews Construction & Design
It may not be an earth-shattering concept, but at R. Tews Construction & Design we make it a point to simply listen. Our goal is to create the vision you share with us, and to do that we often need to listen as much—or more—than we speak. But that’s not the end of the story. In order to truly exceed your expectations, we need to manage the quality of craftsmanship, services, and products with great precision—all while honoring the bottom line. People traditionally talk about home improvement projects in terms of investment and return—in addition to function and pleasure in the here and now. It can be quite the balancing act!
With all of this in mind, we have asked our in-house design pro, Jessica, to share remodeling tips and trends on a regular basis, which she does on the R. Tews Facebook page in a feature called The Kitchen Tailor. From stories about “going green” to the latest ideas in design, Jessica’s articles are well worth watching for.
In one recent article, Jessica offered a handy list of five quick tips to increase the value of your home. Whether to prepare it for sale or simply boost value and equity, these ideas all offer impressive ROI (return on investment). In fact, they had an average of 50% or more, meaning you could invest $10k in a project and enjoy a $5000 boost in the value of your home before the paint was dry!
With this in mind, here are Jessica’s five “money back” suggestions:
- Attic: Whether you turn it into a home office, additional bedroom, or even a suite for your in-laws (in a multi-generational scenario), you can count on over 84% of the project cost to be reflected in the value of your home. As an additional benefit, it ensures that your attic is properly insulated – saving you even more in heating and cooling.
- Front door: Small and quick, this project has a remarkable return of almost 97% of the cost. Never mind the curb, this one has wallet appeal!
- Bathroom: This one’s a no-brainer simply because it provides so many benefits and is known to vastly boost your home’s value. Allowing you to count on a 50% return, it is one of the smartest improvements you can make.
- Deck: Adding a deck can increase your home’s value by more than 65% of the cost of the project. Not to mention that it also becomes another living space.
- Energy efficiency: At R. Tews Construction & Design, we are trade allies with Wisconsin’s Focus on Energy program. We are building homes that are 100% more efficient than the current building code, and we remodel to similar standards of efficiency – putting great savings in your pocket while helping the planet.
Naturally, you will want to work with experts to ensure the best results. Here at R. Tews Construction & Design, we have a team of 11 highly experienced contracting, remodeling, and building professionals on hand to serve you, for projects anywhere in the Western Wisconsin area. So consider investing one of these or projects today, and improve both your quality of life and your home’s value!